Board of Directors is a body of elected or appointed members who jointly oversee the activities of Pacesetters Youth Network. It may also be called “the executive board” and will be referred to as “the board”.
A board’s activities are determined by the powers, duties, and responsibilities delegated to it or conferred on it by the Pacesetters Youth Network Deed of Trust registered in 2009 and the Constitution.
The board acts on behalf of, and is subordinate to, the organization’s full group, which usually chooses the members of the board. Typical duties of board’s members include:
- governing the organization by establishing broad policies and objectives;
- selecting, appointing, supporting and reviewing the performance of the Director;
- ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
- approving annual budgets;
- accounting to the stakeholders for the organization’s performance;
- setting the salaries and compensation of organization’s management;
The board chooses one of its members to be the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary. Three others will be members of the board with equal voting powers. The Director will sit in the board as an ex-officio.
- Mr. Kudakwashe Chirambwi (Peace & Gender Practitioner & Lecturer)
- Mrs. Memory Kambasha (Marketer)
- Mrs. Tsitsi Chanza (Conflict, Peace and Youth Rights Specialist)
- Mr. Solomon Bobosibunu (Election, Governance and Peace Practitioner)
- Mr. Vellim Nyama (Governance and Community Development Specialist)
- Ms Tinomuda Shoko (Lawyer)
- Two positions are vacant with in the board